The Gamma Zeta Chapter was originally founded in 1900 as the first fraternity at the University of Oregon, and the first in the state of Oregon. After closing in 2004, the chapter was recolonized in spring 2009, and since then has consistently worked to bring pride and dedication to everything they have been involved with, including community service, philanthropic events, intramurals, scholarship and brotherhood. Most, if not all the founding fathers disliked the stereotypical image of a college fraternity, and in joining
Sigma Nu vowed to build something they could be proud of. Creating something greater than themselves with the values of love, honor and truth in heart, the founding fathers created our Chapter’s principles through their collective image, keeping in mind all future Gamma Zeta brothers to follow.